Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 6 - Parent's Prayer

It's Day 6 of the Jamboree. The word via texts and emails from our scouts is that their scouting spirit is ON FIRE! I think we can expect to see some great things from our youth as a direct result of this transformative life experience that is a World Jamboree. Today we pray that our scouts can take that scouting spirit and redirect it from helping oneself to helping others.

A Scout is Helpful. A Scout cares about other people. He willingly volunteers to help others without expecting payment or reward.

“Teach Scouts not how to get a living, but how to live.”
Robert Baden-Powell

Father, I thank you for the opportunity to help others. You have sent many people my way throughout the years and I pray that I have made a difference.  Amen.


The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
~Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment