Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 3 - Parent's Prayer for Saturday

As a Venturer, I promise to do my duty to God and help strengthen America, to help others, and to seek truth, fairness and adventure in our world.

Scouts have been in camp 3 nights now, experiencing all the joys and wonders of a World Jamboree. Its been a busy 2 days and with just 8 days to go they're having to prioritize their activities to maximize the fun. It bigger than any of them imagined and still they can't grasp exactly how many scouts 39,000 is. Some of them are getting an idea of just how big the jamboree site is - about 4 miles long and a mile+ wide. Its time to get clean, shower, change clothes and tidy up camp a bit to make the world a better place. Besides, you just never know who's coming for dinner.

Psalm 51:7-12 (New Living Translation)
7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me—
now let me rejoice.
9 Don’t keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
11 Do not banish me from your presence,
and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.

No comments:

Post a Comment