Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 5 - Parent's Prayer

Today will challenge the crew with the Quest challenge. It isn't sufficient to complete the course as individuals, but as a whole team.Today would also be a good day to remember those who have physical and mental disabilities. How difficult would it be to run the course on one leg, or blindfolded.

“We must change boys from a ‘what can I get’ to a ‘what can I give’ attitude.”
Robert Baden-Powell

FROM THE INSIDE
I live in a body labelled; 'handicapped'
Stunted legs and arms askew
I live in a body I wouldn't have chosen
But then few of us do.

People say I'm brave
As though bravery were a choice
I learned early not to scream
For mine is an unheard of voice.

The world is competitive
And I'm ill equipped to compete
But I'm no less of a person
Because I am not complete.

I live in a body labelled; 'second rate'
Though I feel second to none
When society knows the difference
Then my battle is won.

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs/facts/pdfs/fs250024.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment